Terms & Conditions
Updated June 18, 2018
Software in the Services
Information, News, and Press Releases
The Services may contain information, news, and/or press releases about us or others, including cross-references to others’ products or services. We disclaim any duty or obligation to update any such information, news, or press releases, and your reliance on information contained in these materials is at your own risk.
Moreover, any opinions, advice, statements, comments, services, offers or other information expressed or made available by third parties, including users or others, are those of the respective author(s) and do not necessarily state or reflect the views, findings, or opinions of Algebraix. Any description or reference to non-Algebraix products, services or programs is for informational purposes only and shall not constitute an endorsement or a recommendation of such products, services or programs by Algebraix.
Third-Party Sites and Linking
Unless otherwise set forth in a written agreement between you and Algebraix, you must adhere to Algebraix’s linking policy as follows: (a) the appearance, position and other attributes of the link may not be such as to damage or dilute the goodwill associated with Algebraix’s name or any Algebraix trademark or service mark; (b) the appearance, position, and other attributes of the link may not create the false appearance that your organization or entity is sponsored by, affiliated with, or associated with Algebraix, and (iii) when selected by a user, the link must display the Services on full-screen and not within a “frame” on the linking site.
Rules of Conduct
1. Use the Services for illegal purposes, in violation of any applicable laws or regulations;
2. Copy, sell, resell, or exploit for commercial purposes any portion of the Services;
3. Use any robot, spider, scraper or other automatic or manual process to monitor, data mine, or copy any Services, website pages, content, or user information, except as expressly permitted by Algebraix;
4. Intentionally manipulate identifiers, use another’s identification or password without authorization, or otherwise engage in any activities intended to impersonate or hide a user’s identity or contact information;
5. Transmit or distribute viruses or other malicious code;
6. Collect user names and contact information and/or send unsolicited commercial communications (spam);
7. Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionally large load on the Services’ infrastructure or interferes with the proper working of the Services;
8. Post content or take any action using the Services that infringes or violates someone else’s rights (whether protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity, or other proprietary right) or otherwise violates the law, including without limitation selling, purchasing, or otherwise disseminating, without the individual’s prior written consent, an individual’s content;
9. Attempt to decompile, decipher or reverse engineer any of the software used by us as part of the Services;
10. Post or transmit any advertising or promotional materials or solicit users to use particular goods or services, except as otherwise expressly permitted by us;
11. Post any classified or sensitive information;
13. Transmit or distribute any content that is unlawful, deceptive, false, stolen, threatening, abusive, harassing, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, racially or ethnically objectionable, or in violation of the personal privacy rights of another; or
14. Assist or permit any persons in engaging in any of the activities described above.
Each user of the Services, including you, is responsible for the content that the user transmits, and the consequences of its use or submission.
Violations; Termination of Usage
All trademarks, service marks and logos on the Services are the property of their respective owners. Unauthorized use of any Algebraix (or of any third-party) trademark, service mark, or logo may violate Algebraix’s or a third party’s legal rights. You must obtain our written permission prior to using any trademark or service mark of Algebraix.
Algebraix and its licensors own all intellectual property rights in the Services, including designs, text, graphics, pictures, information, content, software, and other files, and their selection and arrangement (collectively, the “Materials”), except for certain third party content on the Services and as otherwise expressly indicated. The Services and all Materials therein are protected by United States and international copyright laws. Any unauthorized use of the Materials may violate copyright laws, laws of privacy and publicity, and other laws and regulations. In exercising any permitted use of the Materials, you agree to leave all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices intact.
Registration-Related Account Security
You are solely responsible for any unauthorized use of your login credentials.
Your access to and use of the Services is an acknowledgement by you that there may be risks to using the Services. All those risks cannot be known, but at a minimum, by using the Services, you agree to hold Algebraix not liable should any of the following occur: regulatory actions; insufficient interest in Services; failure of the Services to meet your expectations; exploitation of security weaknesses in the Services; failures of cryptography associated with the Services; cryptocurrency vault attacks associated with the Services; and theft of cryptocurrency in association with use of the Services.
No Guarantee of Value
We make no guarantee of any value related to the Services. Your access to and use of the Services is an acknowledgement by you that the value of any cryptocurrency, such as ALX Tokens, can go up, can go down, and/or may have no value at all. We make no guarantee that the Services, including any cryptocurrency (such as ALX Tokens), will have any value at any given time.
The Services and the materials (including all information, content (including user content), products, and services available on or through the Services) are provided to you on an “as is,” “as available” basis without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, data accuracy, and quiet enjoyment. Algebraix makes no warranty as to the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or reliability of any materials available on or through the Services. No oral or written information or advice given by Algebraix shall create a warranty of any kind. You are responsible for verifying any and all of the materials before relying on them. Algebraix makes no representations or warranties that use of the Services will be uninterrupted, error-free, completely secure, or free from viruses.
Limitation of Liability
The use of the Services and the materials is at your sole risk. Algebraix specifically disclaims all liability, whether based in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, or otherwise for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or special damages arising out of or relating to your access to or use of the Services and the materials, even if Algebraix has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event shall Algebraix’s aggregate liability to you for all damages, losses and causes of action (whether in contract or tort, including, but not limited to, negligence or otherwise), exceed $100.00.
Some jurisdictions do not allow exclusions of liability for certain types of damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations may not apply to you to the extent prohibited by law. In such cases, Algebraix’s liability will be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
Compliance with Laws
Information available through the Services is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any non-U.S. military personnel or entity in any foreign jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation. Algebraix makes no representation that the information available through the Services is appropriate or available for use in other non-U.S. locations, and access to the Services from any such locations where the content of the Services offered herein may be illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access the Services from other non-U.S. locations do so on their own initiative and risk and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
You may not use, export, re-export, import, or transfer any software or code supplied as part of your use of the website or our services: (a) into any United States embargoed countries; or (b) to anyone listed as a specifically prohibited recipient by the United States Government. By using the website and our services, you represent and warrant that you are not located in any such country or on any such list. You also will not use the website or our services for any purpose prohibited by the United States or any other law.
We will not be liable by reason of any failure or delay in the performance of our obligations because of events beyond our reasonable control, which may include, without limitation, denial-of-service attacks, strikes, shortages, riots, insurrection, fires, flood, storm, explosions, acts of God, war, terrorism, governmental action, labour conditions, earthquakes, material shortages, extraordinary internet congestion or extraordinary connectivity issues or failure of a third party host, (each a “Force Majeure Event”). Upon the occurrence of a Force Majeure Event, we will be excused from any further performance of the obligations which are affected by that Force Majeure Event for so long as the event continues.