Here’s how to add a custom token to MetaMask if your chosen token is not automatically appearing.
First, ensure you have a Metamask account, and are logged in.
Also, ensure that you have the token’s correct contract address.
For example, to add WETH to MetaMask:
- Open the MetaMask extension in your web browser
- Copy the official WETH token contract address: 0x7ceB23fD6bC0adD59E62ac25578270cFf1b9f619
- Select the tab labeled ‘Assets’
- Scroll down, then click ‘Import tokens’
- Next, select the ‘Custom tokens’ tab
- Paste the contract address into the “Token Contract Address” section. The token symbol and decimal should fill automatically, but you will be able to edit them if necessary.
- Next, click the ‘Add custom token’ button.
- You will now be able to see the token information. If you already have the imported token in your wallet, you’ll see the token balance.
- Lastly, click the ‘Import tokens’ button. Your custom token will now be added to Metamask, and visible in the ‘Assets’ tab.