Software Engineer (Austin, TX)
Permission.io is an Austin based blockchain and cryptocurrency company with nine issued US database-technology patents. Our mission is to lead the globe toward a Permission-based economy that recognizes the value of an individual’s time and data.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing product development team. In this role, you will contribute to building out our APIs and Services that support our growing eCommerce platform, as well as contributing to the development and integration of our Blockchain.
This job is for you if you are excited about building applications and services that are reliable, maintainable, extensible, performant, and well-tested. You’re invested in learning and staying abreast of best practices and modern trends in development and DevOps.
- Contribute to application architecture designs and ensure clean interfaces between microservices
- Implement highly performant web applications and services
- Peer review code to ensure best practices and standards are met while guiding the growth of less experienced developers
- Write easily-maintainable code with unit tests
- Relentless attention to performance and scalability
- Familiarity with at least one modern RDBMS (e.g PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Experience with RESTful API development
- Unit testing and debugging skills
- Experience working on production web applications
- Familiarity with AWS or another cloud infrastructure provider (GCP, Azure, etc)
Bonus points for having experience with:
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Jenkins, GitLab, other CI/CD tools
- DevOps Practices & Application Security
- AWS, GCE, Azure, etc
- Ethereum or blockchain technologies
Résumés for candidates interested in this position can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org